We are looking for a highly motivated associate to join the Cell Line Development group in a fast-paced, fast-growing CDMO. This position will be responsible for conducting laboratory experiments in support of the development, selection, and characterization of high-producing cell lines for the manufacturing of protein therapeutics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine culture work for mammalian cell lines, including cell passage and cell banking.
- Transfection, screening, subcloning and characterization of stably transfected cell lines for the expression of product candidates.
- Perform restriction digestion/purification of plasmids, extraction of gDNA or RNA from CHO cells, and perform RT-PCR.
- Conduct production and genetic stability study of cell lines.
- Work closely with other functional teams to support development activities.
- Present data summaries and study conclusions at internal and external scientific meetings. Summarize results in technical documents.
- Ensure all work is appropriately documented in lab notebook and reports are written in timely manner.
- Some weekend work is required.
- Practical experience with mammalian cell culture techniques including sterile technique, transfecting, passaging, and banking cells.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and high throughput screening assays is desired.
- The successful candidate should be organized, self-motived, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA in relevant life science disciplines with 1 plus years of laboratory experience or a MS in relevant life science disciplines.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Ready to Apply?
Please use the form below to submit your cover letter and resume.
Bionova Scientific is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.