We are seeking a talented Senior Manager/Associate Director to lead Cell Line Development at a fast-growing CDMO. The responsibilities of this individual will include expanding cell line development labs, growing cell line development group, overseeing daily operations, and maintaining industry leading cell line development capability at Bionova Scientific.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead cell line development group to conduct key activities associated with production cell line development including transfection, selection, single cell cloning, high throughput screening, characterization of clonal cell lines using scale-down models, cell banking, and cell line stability studies for various biologics modalities, such as mAbs, bispecifics, Fc-fusion proteins, Enzymes, and other recombinant proteins.
- Evaluate and implement innovative strategies to improve cell line development speed and efficiency. Develop and optimize new protein expression platform including designing, constructing, and evaluating novel expression vectors and expression system.
- Build an industry leading cell line development group with talented team members. Ensure proper training and provide guidance to drive continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Lead in customer interaction and keep custom routinely informed via various update venues. Create written technical reports, and present and publish data at internal and public forums.
- Ensure efficient planning and execution including daily operations to meet project timeline.
Work closely with cross-functional teams to support CMC development activities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD with minimum of 5 years of experience in cell line development for biologics in a pharmaceutical/CDMO industry setting, or Master’s degree with minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in various mammalian expression systems and specific productivity improvement technologies.
- Experience with product quality control by cell line engineering.
- Experience with cell line development lab automation and high-throughput technologies.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with leading cell line development group
- Excellent technical background in all aspects of cell line development
- Experience with the preparation of regulatory submissions
- Experience and knowledge in GMP cell banking operations
Ready to Apply?
Please use the form below to submit your cover letter and resume.
Bionova Scientific is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.